Thursday, March 3, 2016
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Monday, August 25, 2014
Clearly I've fallen off the face of the earth! Thanks for stopping by these here parts. I have plans to come back when inspiration strikes! In the mean time I'll be renovating our new house (yup, the little brooklyn farm has moved to East Flatbush!) and living life with a smile on my face. Happy day to all y'all! -Jenn
Friday, September 20, 2013
Happy almost officially fall! I soaked up the last bits of summer with my loves, being lazy in all the best ways we could find. How nice it was to have so few rules and time constraints for a time. As August came to a close however, we all needed just a little more routine, and thank goodness it was time to go back to school! Both of my littles were beyond excited. Zoie is just always excited to go to school. I think she would be happy if I told her she was going to be in school year round. Tristan is very different, but this year he is a kindergartener! He could hardly contain himself. To celebrate the start of a new year, I had to make them matching outfits as usual. Yes, "had to". It's a mama requirement to do that if you sew clothing for your littles. I will keep doing it until they threaten to disown me, cause it is so damn cute! Tell me its not cute.... No, don't tell me that, cause I know it's cute, but if it's not, I choose to live in denial!
Monday, July 8, 2013
|I'm good at red headed Coney Island playdates|
1. Sometimes shit happens and you still have to get up and you still have to work hard and you still have to try to be happy for at least 5 minutes every day. Sometimes that is hard.
2. When things fall on the crappier side of life, you have to remember that you have friends and you have to remember that they are there to help and love you all the way back to the non shitty side of life.
3. My life is almost never very shitty
4. I have very very very wonderful friends
5. I want to make sure these friends know how very dearly I love them
6. I like green best, but I also really like pink and purple and yellow and orange and most all colors.
7. I almost always buy colored shoes. Brown and black do not excite me. I do like my black boots, but I'm still sorry I didn't buy lime green ones.
8. Zoie is the most empathetic person I know
9. Tristan gives the sweetest and loudest kisses to me and I'm really glad he's decided that kissing me on the mouth is again allowed.
10. I'm so so very glad that we have chosen to stay in this house, to put up a little library, to garden in the yard, to snuggle our chickens, and in particular, to share our home this summer with 2 good friends. You both enrich our daily life exponentially, and I know that my life and the lives of my children are the better to have you both in them
Oh, I was supposed to talk about things I'm good at and things I'm not.... I'm very good at coming up with beginning ideas, but sometimes I get stuck in the middle and drift away..... I'm good at stretching and sliding and sweeping in circles while I dance. I'm good at loving my children. I'm not so good at remembering the laundry when it's done and putting it in the dryer, but luckily I'm pretty good at loving someone who is. I'm good at making salty chocolate chip cookies. I'm good at connecting dots and people together. I'm good at being excited about simple things. I'm not so good at hard and fast rules for myself or others. I'm good at going with the flow and seeing how each path could have it's own value.
Ok. I think that's enough rambling for the moment. What are you good at? What makes you happy? (Look below for a small smattering of what makes me happy) Who are you grateful for? I hope you are well, friends.
|I'm good at loving these two|
|This girl is amazing|
|I've learned a great deal about love from Nancy|
|Some of the Best people I know|
|Very good at silly selfies|